Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How Much "Fluff" is Too Much?

In my paper, one of the big sections is on the story of Jonathan Pollard, a spy for Israel, and seeing as I knew nothing about it before I started the paper, I think I can assume that few people (at least in AiS, or AS?) will know much about it. I know we aren't supposed to have a lot of summary in the paper, but is it appropriate in this situation? At the moment I have about 6 sentences about the situation and I still have to write a little more, but is that too much? Also, how could I bring up this topic without a lot of summary????

1 comment:

Brandon said...

I think it all depends on what your paper is about. I read your last post, and I see that your essay is about why the US supports Israel. In this case, I'm guessing that all you need would be the significance of this specific case, like Pollard did X, which was threatening to the States' interest because Y (if you are using Pollard as a counterpoint to why the US still supports Israel , or why the relationship is not that strong).. I think if it doesn't divert the reader too much from the main point it should be okay.